Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grilled or Fried?



Did ya know I once was married to a Sanders? Yup, but unfortunately it wasn't family of the Colonel...

I have eaten at KFC for years now, and enjoy the Original and Crunchy/Extra Crispy recipes just fine, and miss the Spicy version they used to have-it added a little heat to the mix, and I loved the added flavoring. I hate to admit it, but I love the crunchy coatings-and enjoy the skin and all its fried glory more than the actual chicken itself. Not very healthy, eh? I guess that is why I am grabbing for a Maalox or Pepcid a few hours later-all that grease has gone to my tummy and made me ill.

So when KFC came out with the new grilled version, and offered coupons for free pieces of chicken-I decided to try it out. The photo looked great, and it looked like it was tasty, but less greasy and more juicy than the fried counterparts. Hubby and I headed to our local KFC/Taco Bell and ordered some tacos and got our free piece of chicken-and we liked it!

Its supposed to be marinated and grilled, and I have to admit the skin and chicken (yes I actually ATE the chicken too!) were tasty and good. However, on our second trip we got the dinners and it was a little drier than I would have liked. Considering it was very busy (everyone was redeeming their coupons) I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, and will try it again soon when things are more back to normal to see if it was just a one time thing. If the chicken is just as juicy and tasty as our first trip, you can bet that we will be heading back for more and switching our fried buckets for the all grilled version in the near future. So my question to you-have you tried the grilled version yet? And did ya like it?

4 comments:

Betty said...

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks great. Thanks for reminding me I think I'll pick some up tomorrow. :)

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I haven't tried it yet! We are on a no eating out budget right now, but hopefully soon I'll be able to splurge and get some!

SimplyBillie said...

I haven't tried it yet, but love grilled chicken. I've been curious... want to give it a try sometime soon! I need to get ahold of some of those coupons!

Pretty Things said...

I can't even remember the last time I had KFC. My husband loves Popeyes but I refuse to eat it. I think I was spoiled by my grandmother's HIGHLY unhealthy fried chicken every Sunday! :-)