Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Did you get your free Friendly's ice cream June 6th?




This is Deja, enjoying her own Friendly's ice cream. No, this was not the free ice cream-Deja got an extra special ice cream volcano as a reward for helping around the house because I was too busy to get some things done due to the birth of my grandson and needing to be in the hospital.

It was a nice sunny day and we could see the lines forming at the outdoor walk up window. Next door, at the local car parts store they were having a customer appreciation day. Hubby, of course, wanted to be appreciated with the free hot dogs and beverages they were giving away since he is a frequent customer.

So we headed over to the car parts store so we could get a free hot dog (hubby and Deja actually had TWO!) and I also got some much needed air fresheners for our vehicles. (with the summer heat coming, hidden stuff tends to bake and then ferment in my car. I can search for it all summer, and never find it-but the smell remains on!)

I had a coupon for a $4.99 appetizer at Friendly's-and hubby and I decided we'd get an appetizer as well for us to share. (to be honest, I actually think he wanted more hot dogs!) I had restrained myself and only had one hot dog and hadn't had breakfast-it was mid-afternoon and I was hungry so rather than wait in the line outdoors, we went inside and sat down.

Deja barely touched the appetizer. She had her eyes on the volcano ice cream featured on the kids menu... Hubby and I saved room for dessert, something we don't usually do. I had my Peanut Butter Cup ice cream... it was good! Hubby told me to surprise him, so I ordered him the Black Raspberry which he had never had before. And of course, he thought it was great! Deja has peanut butter topping drizzling down her volcano... (when I was preggers with my son I would eat Friendly's peanut butter ice cream topping straight-they used to have to give it to me in a take out package.)

We had a great afternoon, with free hot dogs, an awesome priced appetizer and our free ice creams from Friendly's. With Deja's ice cream and the appetizer and tip, everything was about $12.00 or so. Keep your eyes open for customer appreciation days near you, and great offers from local eating establishments too-even with the economy the way it is today, you can still have a great time at a low cost price by checking around and trying to get the best deals with coupons, offers, customer freebie days etc... see if you can find a Frugal Fun Day near you!

1 comment:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Oooh...that ice cream looks SO GOOD! I could go for that right now...it is about 90 degrees outside and I am hot!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your blog is absolutely adorable and I am now following you! :)

Have a great weekend!!