Thursday, June 11, 2009

Busy, busy!

Boy, am I busy! Between hubby's PT appointments for his Achilles issue, babysitting my new grandson and taking care of household stuff I have been absent for a few days of posting.

Little baby Demetrio was born June 5th at 7:39 am (and yes, I was there ALL NIGHT!) and weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long. I have to tell ya, I almost forgot how to take care of a baby! He's just so darn tiny, I am scared to hold him. (but that didn't stop me from holding him for 2 hours today while I watched a movie on the PC) And changing diapers again, oh my goodness! I thought I'd left all that behind me years ago.

So I have been busy, learning how to be a grandma. It feels strange, that I am a grandmother already. I don't really think it has sunk in yet. I will say that despite the fact that baby has some very young parents, they are doing a wonderful job of bonding with him and caring for him. And besides, I am right downstairs anyways. I don't butt in, the baby cries and they get up for feedings or to change the diaper. They do get a couple of free hours daily to go shopping, go out to eat, or just to sit and play PS2. (but lately that free time has been sleeping, as they are sleep deprived with a nocturnal child.) I will be posting some photos soon, and also doing a giveaway/review for Ficklets and for Jumpstart within the next few days after my current giveaways end. So make sure you stay tuned!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Congratulations on your new grandson. Enjoy those tender moments!

areyoukiddingme said...

Congratulations, Grandma!

lmarroquin_68 said...

ok.i wanna see a pic.you know where i live...lol........congrads to all........