Sunday, February 15, 2009

On a Sad Note...

My dad passed away yesterday morning after his long battle with lung cancer. He only had 2 radiation treatments to go, was gaining his weight back, and seemed to be improving.

But we all knew this was a possibility. I got to the hospital right after my mom called me, and by then he'd already gone into cardiac arrest. They managed to start his heart up twice, but the third time was not to be. Results showed a possible infection in his lung, and pneumonia starting-so he probably felt like crap. And could have gotten sick anywhere really. I tried to avoid seeing him because having sick kids, and being around clients who are sick just wasn't something I wanted to expose him to. But at least we talked on the phone :)

Now the unpleasant business of dealing with his estate, he didn't have much so it should be easy. But when someone passes away, sometimes people get greedy or the bickering starts. Guess I had better make my intentions clear to all and make a will, because some comments were made today that I don't agree on at all. I held my tongue, for the moment. But later, I will make my thoughts clear and I could care less of what people think of me. In the meantime, I will be busy helping to clear out his mobile home to get it ready for sale. Good night Guy, (we never called him dad!) we miss you.

6 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Lapa37 said...

I am very sorry to hear that your dad has passed. It is hard when we lose our parents.

WillowLakeScents said...

I'm so sorry for your loss !

Anonymous said...

Michele, although there's nothing anyone can say or do, to make you NOT feel sad for your dad, and your loss; this is the time to cry and try to heal the loss in your heart. Remember the good times, good memory of his time with you.

(now I feel like crying myself.) I'm sincerely sorry for his passing.

Take care and email me any time if you wish, just to chat or something.

Leslie M. said...

I lost my precious Dad almost 9 years ago. I miss him every day.. still. He had cancer also. I thought he might get better, but he was so weak.
I am so sorry that YOU lost YOUR Dad... Words are never enough.. I will pray for strength for you and your family and that you will feel comfort and peace.
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com