Sunday, February 22, 2009

Help! I've been skinned!




I had heard about Unique Skins thru another blog, and was really happy when I won a $15 GC to use there last Fall. Unfortunately, I had to wait a bit since I changed cell phone companies and was getting different phones for hubby and I.

Above you can see Deja on the front and Demetrio on the back of my Motorola phone. I can't tell you how many compliments I have gotten from co-workers, friends and just people off the street that have noticed my unique skin and asked me how I got it done. Most people don't even know it's a skin at first, they think I had a new faceplate done, but when I tell them it is a skin you just peel off and put on your phone they can't believe it. And for $6.99 to $7.99 for a custom phone skin back and front, well, that is pretty affordable in my book.

Case in point: These skins attract attention. Hubby went to work Friday night and made the mistake of leaving his phone (with his custom skin of our daughter) in his car. When he came out of work in the morning, his car was ransacked, and phone was gone-skin and all. His new phone is coming in the next couple of days, and guess what he already has asked me for?

If you don't want to use your own pics, you can use one of their many designs. And while I was a bit intimidated at first in how to upload the pics and make my own skin, the website is very user friendly and you can fix your mistakes and start over until you get it just the way you want it. The cool thing is that these Unique Skins are not just for cell phones, you can put them on your laptop, iPod, game console, you name it.

I have had my skins now for a couple of weeks, and they show no sign of peeling or coming off. And I am pretty darn hard on my phone too. Check out the website here: www.uniqueskins.com to see what you can do with your own design!

2 comments:

Rachelle S said...

That is SO neat! I would love that! Off to check it out!

Erin said...

Very cool idea. Fun!