Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dreams DO come true!



No, I don't love spiders. I am terrified of them. Last night, well actually this morning, I woke up early (around 4:30 am) and could have sworn there were spiders in the room. I had been dreaming of spiders, crawling on me and the bed.

Needless to say, that was enough and I was up for the morning. There was no heading back into my bed where spiders might be awaiting me. Plus, if there were-I couldn't make a ruckus and scream because I would have scared the bejeebers out of hubby who had just fallen asleep.

This is a wolf spider. I have never seen a big one, but my coworker sees them at her camp all the time. And she keeps threatening to bring one in a jar to work and put it on the desk. My two supervisors and myself are wimps, and usually run to get her to kill a spider we find in the office.

Anyways, after work this evening I came home-and sure enough, right above where I sleep on the ceiling was a spider. Hubby didn't kill him before he left... so now I am staring at him as he walks across the ceiling. I don't think I will be sleeping with the lights off tonight. Being short I can't reach him to smoosh him, and knocking him down is far worse for me than leaving him up there. Because up there, I can SEE him. He has headed back to the spot above my head again...seems he likes it there. Oh it is going to be a long, long night. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww, I don't like spiders either!

Connie said...

When spiders are on the ceiling, they are in spider land. They are safe in spider land and we have a peace treaty - they eat bugs, and I pretend they are not there.