Monday, April 13, 2009

Trying to get back to normal...

I had to take a few days off from the internet, blogging and just rest and relax after my grandmother passed away on the 8th. Because of the Easter holiday, she wasn't buried until today. It was rough, but I got through it ok.

Friday night I had a scare, actually it was more like 1:30 am Saturday...but I had gotten offline and was watching a pretty good movie on HBO when all of a sudden I had the most horrible pain in my chest area. Since I was at rest when it happened, and it felt like my heart actually got kicked, stopped and started back up again-I was a little nervous. Then came the pain in my back, arm and the nausea and dizziness. Hubby was working, Deja was at gram's and my son was upstairs sound asleep. I got online to check out the symptoms, and they sure sounded like a heart attack.

I debated on going to the hospital, really I did. I hate hospitals and I'd spent most of the last week in one so had no desire to go back-this time as a patient. I assumed the stress and anxiety of losing two loved ones within 2 months had taken their toll. Finally, after thinking about things and the nausea and pain getting worse-I drove myself to the ER. It was painful, but there was no way I was gonna call an ambulance. So I went. My blood pressure was quite high, probably due to the pain. Then they stuck my fat a$$ in a wheelchair even though I protested. I get to ER and there are tons of nurses sticking my arms for IV's (FOUR times mind you, I am STILL black & blue) bloodwork, oxygen, electrodes for the EKG-my privacy was seriously being invaded here.

Lucky for me, all came back fine. I have never, ever had chest pain like that and the dr. says it was probably severe muscle spasms due to stress from all that had gone on these past few months. I was given something to relax the muscles while I was there, and painkillers to take home if I was in pain later on. Believe it or not, I am still in pain at times and need to rest quite a bit. I get tired really easily and have been sleeping alot. I felt pretty stupid getting it checked out, but the doctor said it was very common and it was best to get things looked at-she didn't give me a time limit as to when these spasms would end, but did tell me they can be quite painful (yup, that I KNOW) and to just relax, and try to avoid stress. So there ya have it---wishing you all had a great Easter (if it is something you celebrate) and wishing you all a wonderful week!


Leslie said...

I said it all in email! Keep it on the downlow! Stress will KILL you! I am so sorry about Gramma, I didn't realize the funeral was today. You are in my prayers. Just take it easy, and relax. Your body is telling you to just STOP!!!!
I hope your mom is ok too!!!!

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you're feeling better soon.

hondaray6 said...

Michele, I am so sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing...and the terriblw week you have had. I knew when I hadn't heard from you that things must not be going too well. Take it easy, which I know is nearly impossible, and know we are thinking of you. See you soon.

~Billie~ said...

((HUGS)) ALways better to be safe than sorry. Good to hear it wasn't a heart attack. Again, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope your doing okay.