Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Hope you are enjoying your day with friends and family-eating some GREAT food and relaxing while getting ready for the madness of Black Friday tomorrow.

Today I was bad, I actually took advantage of a freebie meal the town puts on-and had it delivered. I am just getting over a cold, and don't want to be cooking for others sneezing away. They understood, and took it well. We had a bit of turkey, some stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, gravy squash and pies... I didn't even know that it was coming-my mom who is also under the weather herself had called to reserve her, my dads and grams meals because they don't have the big dinner-never have-we used to go out as a family to some fancy restaurant when I was younger, but now with gram at 90 and mom's knees not so good (she needs a total knee replacement-but refuses to have one) and dad's lung cancer and just being ill these past few months no one really feels like going out either. The great thing though is that there are three restaurants (in addition to this free community meal) that are giving away free dinners today. With today's economy what a wonderful way to show the spirit of giving back to the community. And I am grateful for not having to cook today feeling as worn out as I do.

Hubby and I went shopping after I got out of work yesterday. Today he is putting the starter in his vehicle since it needed a new one. I am planning my BF strategies (online and in store) luckily CVS was open today and he was able to go and get me a nice griddle with $10 ECB's back and then turn around and get the rice cooker for $10.00 off too. 30 bucks for both appliances was a pretty good deal, and these are things I wanted for awhile anyways. Now if he can get to WalMart soon enough I want one of those funky colored broom type vacuums they have for 9 bucks. Plus he will go shopping for cheap pants-last year Kmart had an $8 pair deal he was happy about. Ah, and the Magic Jack in Radio Shack-he wants TWO of those. He wants to send one to Central America and have them call for free via computer rather than paying $$$ for regular calls. I plan on staying home and seeing what I can scoop up online. I can shop in my PJ's and not have to worry about getting sicker because I am standing out in the cold. I plan on having my Thanksgiving meal over the weekend-my son is with his dad now and I want to have him home to enjoy our little dinner.

Tomorrow I might venture out a bit but really need some R & R, am so glad I had my flu shot this year though-because I am so run down and subceptible to anything that comes along. My coworkers always ask me, "What?! Are you sick AGAIN?!" And of course, they don't even need to wait for the answer. The first sneeze says it all. So, for all those celebrating Turkey Day today, have a wonderful time. I will be alternating my time between online and bedrest. And celebrating my Thanksgiving later this weekend with family. Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Jinxy and Me said...

Thanks for posting the Thrifty Jinxy Holiday Gift Guide button. Good luck in all the giveaways!

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Great Pic, hehe :-) Hope everyone is feeling better over your way!

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway! Have a happy Sunday!

swanriverstone said...

very cool post...omg the Turkey pic is hilarious!!!

btw...Thank you for participating in my 1st blog giveaway in October. I just wanted to let you know you have a blog appreciation gift waiting for you at my blog if you want it:) ..just a thank you from me to you.


http://nyblaque.blogspot.com/2008/11/listings-and-sales-and-bloggers-oh-my.html