Monday, December 20, 2010

Book Review: Aurora Fee


I was given the opportunity to review Aurora Fee by Parent Reviewers. (as you can see, my cat Stubby was a bit attracted to the book as well...)

First, I will tell you all that my favorite genre of book is horror, supernatural, mystery etc... so when I saw that Aurora Fee was actually about a teenager who was part human and part cat, I knew that this sort of read would be right up my alley.

Aurora Fee has lived a long, long time. She has experienced sadness as well as happiness in the many years that she has lived, but like any teen, yearns for her one true love. Sometimes love brings danger, and sadness too-something Aurora knows all too well.

Because she looks different, with her cat like qualities-some people are frightened by her. Others are totally entranced. She never stays in one place too long, it is just too dangerous. Besides, after her emotions cause her to morph and grow cat ears, whiskers, or even a tail... people start to get suspicious.

Aurora Fee struggles with the normal teenage emotions, but never wants to get too close to anyone. Those she does get close to face grave danger as her past comes back to haunt her.

I read the book in two nights, curious to find out if Aurora Fee finds true love, while dealing with events and individuals that have returned from her past to torment her. Even listening to her inner voice can be a danger, as she later finds out.

Without spoiling the story for those who want to read it, I will say that I enjoyed this book. It is a book I would let my 9 year old read, because it is not filled with raunchy words or descriptive sex scenes. (I can read those in my own horror books, but my 9 year old will have to wait quite a few years for that!)

Aurora suffers from normal teen feelings, wanting to be loved, and of course, the fear of being different. Something we all can relate to in one way or another. I was surprised to see that the writer of this book is only a teen herself, I think she did a great job and had a great handle on the emotions and experiences that teens face on a daily basis. This is a good book for a tween and/or teen to read, and fits the young adult paranormal genre perfectly. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review Aurora Fee :)


Disclosure: I was provided a copy of the book free of charge in order to give my opinion on it. The review above is based on my own thoughts and opinions in regard to the book, others may have their own views.

No comments: