Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let's hear it for the girls!


I don't dislike wearing a bra. However, I dislike wearing one that is the wrong size. Over the years, a woman's body changes. What was once perky and pleasant succumbs to the laws of gravity over time and with weight gain, breastfeeding, and all the other changes our bodies go through we often are still using the same bra size from years ago.

I finally realized I wasn't a 36C anymore a few years back. It was hard to accept that middle aged spread had set in and with my weight gain and age, I needed to wear a larger size bra for a more comfortable fit. While I have never had a professional fitting, so to speak, I went into the store and tried on several bras until I found one that felt comfortable. It's safe to say that I graduated up a few sizes and while it is not 100 percent perfect, it's a start.

Wearing the wrong bra size is very common. As a matter of fact, 7 out of 10 women are wearing the incorrect size which can cause bruising, digging, back and shoulder pain and cause your clothes to not fit very well-all the more reason to find out your true bra size. No one likes to be in pain, and we all like to look good-and the right bra can accomplish that if we take the time in our busy schedules to make sure we are wearing the correct size bra to begin with.

I'm sure you recognize the brand name Playtex as one of the leaders in womens bras. They have been around for as long as I can remember (and I'm in my 40's!) and they know their stuff. I was pleased to see that they have launched a new website (and contest!) www.PlaytexBraMakeover.com where you can go to nominate yourself or even a friend to receive a bra makeover from style expert Alison Deyette. You could be one of 10 winners to win a trip to New York for a bra fitting and walk away with some great Playtex products for the new you! Apply today, but hurry-the last day to enter is Friday, May 21st!


By posting this information, I am entered into a contest to win a free bra from Playtex. I did not receive any compensation for this post and thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Shell said...

I hate bras. I can't ever find one that is really comfortable.