Monday, May 24, 2010

Kudos to Tiny Prints!


As far as invites go, I've always been one to go to the local Dollar Store to get invites for birthdays, showers, etc... However, I was lucky enough to win a couple of gift certificates to Tiny Prints since I've been blogging and have been holding off on using them for the "perfect occasion."

You see, these are the invites, announcements, etc... that you want to use when you want to make a good impression. Perfect for weddings, showers, newborns, and other milestone occasions in your life when you want something really special. I will admit, they DO cost more than those Dollar Store announcements you can get-but they are custom made just for YOU and no one else.

My daughter is having her much delayed (but better late than never!) baptism party in Guatemala on July 6th. That, as far as the Hispanic community goes, is a BIG event. Same with First Communions, First Birthdays, Baby Showers, and the HOLY GRAIL of them all, the Quince party. (if you have ever seen MTV's My Sweet 16 you'll know what I mean.) Not everyone can afford the MTV-esque parties, but parents do scrimp and save every penny for these get-togethers which can easily cost upwards of a thousand dollars and have hundreds of guests. Take it from one who is planning such a party now-it's a lot of work! (and thank Goodness for the favorable exchange rate as well)

I left the invitations to Tiny Prints, because I knew they would make a great impression for this once in a lifetime event. And I was not disappointed in the least. The invitations came quickly, and I was even able to check out a proof online before final printing due to the fact that the invites were done in Spanish. They even called me to tell me they were sending a proof to my email, and wanted my final approval before printing. Tiny Prints wanted to make sure that they got it just right for us, and their attention to detail and customer service were definitely A plus in my book.

I did encounter a slight problem when it came time to order, for some reason my credit card was not going through so I tried my debit card to no avail. It was late, so the next morning I went back into my cart and contacted Shelby through the online chat option. She placed my order for me, however the gift certificates were not deducted. After some checking and chatting back and forth, she did manage to deduct the GC's and she assured me that my debit card would be credited-however when I checked my balance I saw they had deducted the total amount, then the correct amount but no refund was issued. I wasn't upset, as I knew this might happen, so the following Tuesday I contacted Sarah, in Customer Service, by phone. She said it appeared the credit would go through soon, as it normally takes 3-5 business days. She said she'd check with her supervisor and email me, and within an hour or so, I heard from her that all was fine and that my credit was pending. Two days later, the money was indeed returned to my account. That was the only glitch, and it could have been because I was using the 2 GC's at once, or something simple like that. But it was resolved, and both Sarah and Shelby were very helpful and ensured that I was charged correctly. I was very pleased with both the customer service I received and the finished product as well.

If you have a special celebration, or something going on that requires an invite or announcement-you may want to check out Tiny Prints to see if they have what you need. They often have sales and specials going on as well, which make these much more affordable. That being said, I am definitely going to check them out again when it comes time for my daughter's next important party.

Disclaimer: I did not receive compensation for this post. I had won, within the last two years, 2 $50 GC's to Tiny Prints which I used for an online order. Because I was pleased with the experience, the customer service I received and the finished product, I wanted to let you all know about my experience.

1 comment:

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh my, I've missed so many great posts here Michele! I so need to get back into life again...
Love the pics of your darling daughter and the invites are great! The bra one was funny but I can sure relate to getting bigger.. Your other man is cute and your shopaholic hubby is a riot (o:
And make sure they get all the ugly stuff off your skin. I need to go too but put it off..Ditto on the needles..I hate em too.
Well, I'll try to get here sooner and thanks for stopping by mine too. Keep telling your stories..