Friday, July 31, 2009

Check out my Purex 3 in 1 stockpile!


I used to hate to do laundry-really I did. With my hubby the grease monkey in his spare time, a 7 yr old Diva daughter who constantly changes her mind on what to wear, a teen son who changes at least twice a day because he says he sweats too much, his girlfriend who suffers from new mommy formula spit up stains on her clothing and of course a little baby grandson who makes a mess in his own right my laundry room is constantly full of clothing to be washed.

I recently killed my old washer, and then a brand new one by stuffing it too full. After one load. I really think the man who picks up old appliances and metal scraps and takes them to the metal recycling center was VERY happy to stop by my house TWICE in the same week. Hubby really didn't know what to do with me, so he bought me a new front loading washer and dryer. Not wanting to make the same mistake a THIRD time, I have been very careful.

Gone are the days when I was dumping 3 capfuls of detergent into the washer. I really like lots of scent, but my little grandson is sensitive to it and breaks out in a rash. And I absolutely HATE lugging big, heavy bottles of detergent and softener to the wash. I have had multiple arm surgeries, and when my arm aches, I don't want to bother with it. But as they say, the show must go on. And the laundry needs to get done. So when I saw on several blogs that Purex had a new 3 in 1 product out that was a sheet that had the laundry liquid, softener AND then went into the dryer for a dryer sheet as well I was bound and determined I was gonna try it.

I knew that there was no way that I was going to kill my new HE washer by using too much detergent-and I wanted to make sure that I was going to get something that was safe for HE front loading machines. Purex 3 in 1 fit the description to a "T". My local Shaw's store had the starter kits and refills on sale for about $4.99 and there happened to be a high value $2.00 off manufacturer's coupon floating around as well. Since I already get the Sunday paper delivered, I decided I would hit up family and friends for their coupons if they weren't going to use them. Plus of course, the recycling center and dumpster diving were not completely ruled out either. And of course my buddies in refunding circles too. I was determined that I was going to get some of these coupons-because the same week CVS also had a sale of B1G1F and I had managed to snag a couple before they ran out and liked them a lot. I also had a Shaw's $25 GC which I got from transferring a prescription and that made the Shaw's deal particularly sweeter. (plus I got rainchecks from CVS too)

Here is a picture of my Shaw's deal: after the $25 GC and 12 $2.00 off coupons I paid a little over $17.00 out of pocket. I have been using the ones I got at CVS and love how easy they are to use. I no longer worry about my teen son or hubby having a crisis with the laundry because they have put in too much soap. The clothes are smelling great, soft, and even my little grandson hasn't broken out when I have washed his clothing and blankets with the Purex 3 in 1. Once this stash has been used I will be buying more-lets hope another great deal and great coupon comes out again too ;) !

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great buy. I love Purex 3 in 1!

Melanie said...

Way to go! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Shaws cumbies - u must be from new England!! Me too! Will come back again !