Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weekly Happenings

Well, readers-I go next Tuesday to the surgeon for a biopsy on my left leg. The infection I apparently had did not go away, and ultrasound showed a 1cm x 1cm solid mass there. Again, I really think I whacked it hard (lower leg, outer side, how many of us have done that, right?) on my waterbed one night as I stumbled out of bed to go to the bathroom and wasn't quite fully alert.

But because whatever it was was "nonspecific" they are going to check into it a little further. I do have to admit, it has been painful and sore, and causing swelling in the foot and ankle area(which goes down at night after rest). I know soft tissue sarcomas are rare, but you know, I am one of the rare individuals who had a mastoid operation years ago on my left ear too-so I don't discount anything nowadays.

Everyone says not to worry, but I still do. I've seen cancer via my dad (lung and skin cancer) and it's not pretty. But I also know quite a few survivors, and I have faith with the advances in medicine today and a higher power helping-if it is meant to be, then I will be fine. Hubby said I would most likely have a heart attack from the stress of waiting to find out results before I got diagnosed with anything.

Or it could be just a fatty tumor. My mom has a couple, and they can be hereditary. Whatever it is though, I want it removed! It feels like it is pressing on a nerve, and getting into the filing cabinets (standing on my tippy toes because I am so short lol) has not been a wonderful feeling as of late. Lucky for me, I have taller coworkers who are helping :)

It is hard not to dwell on things, but I am trying to think positive. I admit, it has not been easy after all the problems I have had with my teeth this year (and we are only into March!) but I am trying to look at it as all these things are happening now so I can take care of them before I head on a big plane to Guatemala for a month in June and July. (and yes, I did buy trip insurance, those tickets were too darn expensive NOT to!)

I will continue to post sporadically as I find out more info, and hope to review and give away more items soon. I ask you to hang in there with me, perhaps I will have a few quickie Avon product giveaways coming up to keep you happy this month-that I CAN do. (Avon Rep. that I am) I am also adjusting to a new computer and need to load pics on it, so there has been a lack of photos lately to go along with my posts. But once I get these health things back on track, I plan on taking lots of pics with layoff coming soon and of course the warmer weather too.

Wishing you all a great week. I will be placing an order with Avon soon, so hope to have a giveaway open by next week!

No comments: