Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring in Maine-



As we headed up to Canada on Saturday, I couldn't help but notice the lovely changing of the seasons going on. The trees were blooming, the warm breezes were flowing and the chirps of birds that had returned from the South filled the air.

Jose and Deja noticed several natural springs heading up Rte. 201 and decided to stop and check out the water. Years ago, I could remember people stopping to fill up empty jugs with the sweet tasting spring water. Nowadays, I wasn't too sure-but Jose was determined to find out. We parked on the side of the road and I took some photos of the views while they walked hand in hand up the road to find out what that water tasted like.

Deja returned and informed me that it wasn't too bad at all, while Jose said it tasted "fishy" to him, lol. They had each cupped their hands and gotten a mouthful of the freezing water that way-and according to both of them, that water was COLD... almost too cold to drink.

The view was gorgeous, and the northern Maine woods were peaceful and tranquil-a far cry from the honking of horns, shouting of neighbors or sirens blaring as they drive by. I wish I'd had more time to take it all in, but considering it was getting dark, and I had no desire to meet a moose or deer head on around dusk when they like to come out and search for food on the side of the road-I decided I'd better head home. Plus, black fly season is going to arrive soon. And you do NOT want to be in Maine during black fly season. Forget Twilight and the Cullens-these things can suck you dry in a few hours, lol.

So here's a few pics of Northern Maine as of Saturday-enjoy!

1 comment:

Vicki/Jake said...

Oh Michele these are great pictures of your road trip. And as far as the water. I use to go get spring water all the time when I lived up in the mountains. Beats chlorine any day (o:

I will watch for the Fall pics...