1. I can speak, read, and write Spanish fluently. Studied it for 5 years but never figured I'd end up using it on a daily basis!
2. I am scared to fly on a plane-and haven't been on one since 2000. Until this August, when we head out to San Antonio over Labor Day weekend. Wish me luck!
3. I love to bargain shop and use coupons and refunds to sweeten the deal further. In this time of economic uncertainty, it has been really helpful.
4. I bite my fingernails, and have since childhood. My nails are one ragged mess, and I am too embarrassed to go to get a manicure-besides, I'd probably ruin that too!
5. I gained weight, lots of it, after Deja was born and haven't been able to get much of it off. I am a fast food junkie, so that doesn't help. Plus I have a desk job-not much exercise there.
6. We bought our first house in 2005, prior to that I'd always lived in apts. or mobile homes-even as a child never really had a "house", but we always had a home!
7. My fave foods are tacos, tamales, chiles rellenos, pizza, fried seafood, and burgers, hotdogs and fries. See, told ya I don't eat healthy!
8. My children both understand and speak Spanish, as we are bilingual here at home. They have always heard it growing up, so are quick to understand it, less quick to speak it.
9. My husband is 4 1/2 years YOUNGER than me. Ok, so am I robbing the cradle or what?
10. I am somewhat of a pack rat, and keep things that I have no use for far longer than I should. I'd rather have it for a rainy day, or just in case, than not at all!