Thursday, January 1, 2009

Brrr... Pics from Snowstorm awhile back




This was from the huge storm we got a couple of weeks back, 18 inches! One part of Maine got almost FOUR feet from that storm. Since I am 4'11" guess I would have had a hard time walking in it and probably would have been buried till Spring.

I let hubby have the camera and he went around taking pics of the snow before he started his snowblowing. Most of it is melted now, due to another storm which dumped sleet and rain on us a week later but right now we are having clear skies, sun and below zero temps due to this wind! The wind chill is horrible. I would have hated to be in Times Square last night as they predicted a wind chill temp of zero.

Tomorrow it's back to work--for one day. I would have loved a long weekend but unfortunately that is not about to happen. My coworker is very sick, and she needs to get well-plus I need to take my time for one of my son's court dates. He has several coming up-January, February, and March. It is all part of living with a teen with conduct disorder and a drug addiction. I pray that once he is in a juvenile detention center he will get off the marijuana and get the help he needs, along with his education. He really is a good kid, but needs help and deep down he knows it.

Hope your New Year was wonderful! Me? I fell asleep at ten o'clock last nite and slept soundly right through the New Year. Hubby worked, and both the kids were asleep as well. Guess I am getting old, 10 years ago I would have been in a club with hubby and our friends dancing the night away. Now I opt for quiet nights at home with family, movies and popcorn/pizza! How did you spend your New Years Eve?

1 comment:

Shelley @ Simple Reviews said...

you are our winner on SIMPLE for the heated throw! Check your email for details! HAPPY NEW YEAR!