Saturday, August 8, 2009

Review-Piggy Paint





I recently won a $20.00 gift certificate from another blogger for Piggy Paint and my 7 year old was quite happy and very excited to choose her colors. Instead of the usual pink she goes for, I was shocked to see that she chose the Clown n' Around gift pack: the Tea Party for Two, Ice Cream Dream and Macaroni and Cheese colors. She really wanted the blue and green polishes, but because she has such a great tan in the summer time (and she uses SPF 30 too!) I knew the Macaroni and Cheese yellowish orange color would also look just great on her.

Now I am not used to paying $9.99 for nail polish-I will be the first to admit that I am cheap, lol. However I know that there are many name brands out there that charge much more than that, and are not natural either. Piggy Paint is safe for your little ones, no toxic chemicals! I get migraines, and the smell of the nail polish and the nail polish remover usually triggers one for me. Not all the time, but a majority of the time so I try to put it on in a well-ventilated area. There is usually such a strong chemical smell, but Piggy Paint has no odor whatsoever! Another factor is Made in the USA-I am trying to avoid the Made in China products that seem to be everywhere while supporting our own manufacturers here in the States.

Deja decided she would put the Macaroni and Cheese Please on her toes since she really wasn't sure about the color. I liked it on her, in the photo excuse the dirty feet-she needs a bath but wanted you all to see her toes too! (although all you can see is her big toe!) The ice cream dream is just gorgeous, so much prettier than the photo online. It has a hint of a shimmery shine in it, as does the Tea Party for Two polish. I didn't notice it in the Macaroni and Cheese Please but that could be because it is a bit lighter than the other two colors and not as noticeable. Or it could just be made with different ingredients :) It also dries very quickly, which is perfect when you are in a hurry or have a squirming little one wanting to run off and do something once her nails have been done.

Earlier today I caught Deja putting a finger in her mouth and my first thought was panic since she was wearing nail polish. But then I remembered she was using Piggy Paint and I just wasn't worried. (Apparently she had something caught in one of her teeth and was trying to get it out not sucking on her finger like I first thought lol) The only disappointment was that when she came home from summer camp on Friday I noticed quite a bit of the Piggy Paint had come off her fingernails and toenails. I had just painted them that morning so was somewhat surprised. They swim in chlorinated water and she told me it started coming off in the pool, so be aware that this may happen. Apparently there is something about chlorinated water that doesn't like Piggy Paint or vice versa. She did say that she had TONS of compliments from her girlfriends on her awesome nail polish. School is starting in a few short weeks and she has definitely said that she wants painted nails in Second Grade. Ah, she is growing up way too fast for me!

Given the fact that this is natural, has no odor whatsoever and the colors are fabulous-I would definitely buy this again for her. (and probably use it myself too!) If you are looking for a safe, natural alternative in a nail polish, definitely check out Piggy Paint!

No comments: