Sunday, August 9, 2009

Memory Lapse and the Missing Wallet


I spent the entire morning looking for my wallet... really, I did. I enlisted the help of hubby, my teen son, and my daughter as I struggled to remember where I put the darn thing. See, it is always in my purse-but this time around when the pizza delivery guy came on Friday night I decided to get adventurous and take it out. Mistake Number One.

Yesterday morning when I got up I saw it on my computer desk next to the keyboard. But I swore I picked it up, took it with me in my hand to another room in the house, and left it. For a few moments, even one of the cats looked guilty. I knew then that I was losing it.

I am beginning to think this happens as you get older. And I am not liking it. I can literally spend HOURS looking for something and have it turn up right under my nose. Or be really embarrassed and have someone else find it for me-right where I put it last. I have noticed this happening more frequently, and I wonder if it is a sign of things to come. I know forgetfulness often appears with old age, but come on-I am only 43! My hubby can be very forgetful, he always has been. I never have been, and that is why it is so darn frustrating for me. Maybe it's a new grandma thing, I dunno.

After some searching by all, hubby located my wallet. It had fallen on the bottom of my computer desk-behind my printer. It really should have been one of the first places I looked, but I didn't. Considering I had it right next to my keyboard yesterday morning, and I had visits from a couple of affectionate cats who like to curl up on the keyboard as I type-I now have a clue as to why the cat had a guilty expression and ran to hide while I was carrying on about my wallet. Looks like the cat knocked it off my desk and it fell behind the printer.

I have yet to discover the guilty party, Stubby or Brujita-but I've already warned both of them that if they knock anything else off my desk they are going to bed with no cat treats that night!

3 comments:

Cecca said...

Hi Michele, glad you found your wallet! I have a terrible memory and losing things is the most annoying thing!.
Just thought I should stop by and say congratulations for winning my giveaway!! :-)
I'll be posting the cards to you tomorrow, I hope you like them! :-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I'm glad your wallet was found though :)

*ajs*
http://www.designbaby.net

Ms. Latina said...

I totally feel for you and FYI: I'm 37 and already have those memory lapses. I blame it on the hormones!!! Always works ;)