Monday, February 9, 2009

Dust? Not in MY House!

Will be posting again soon-busy with work (left the office at 7:30 pm!) and trying to clean house for my new waterbed delivery the 21st. What is making things difficult is that there is so much dust, and I am very allergic to it. Usually I do major cleaning in Spring or Summer, where I can open the windows and let the dust out. I was lucky enough to win a nice new can of Pledge and received it a couple of weeks ago. Believe me, it has been a big help and also leaves a pleasant smell behind. I have used Pledge for years, and in addition to the great job it does it leaves behind a pleasant shine on my furniture. I am impressed with the variety of products they have come out with lately, and would love to try out the pet hair product they currently have! With 3 furry felines, I need all the help I can get!

Anyways, I am trying to clean in sections-little by little since I become miserable fairly quickly. The ceiling fan circulating the air has been helping some, but with the dust and cat dander my throat is scratchy and my eyes red and teary from rubbing them so much. Not to mention the horrendous sneezing! Claritin is so NOT helping this time around...

Will be having a very cool giveaway soon, am currently reviewing the products and waiting for nasty weather predicted for later this week... (hint: windshield and car care products!) On a last note, I have to say that dusting is my least favorite chore to do (it rates right up there with cleaning the litterbox!) because of my allergies mostly, but also because no sooner than I dust and get everything looking shiny and sparkling, the next day I can see more dust! It's a never ending battle! What's your least favorite chore?

1 comment:

areyoukiddingme said...

Dusting is the worst. Between the fruitlessness of the task and the dust mite allergies, it's like some sort of medieval torture. I've gotten to the point where I'm happier looking at the dust sometimes, because at least then, I know it's staying still. And then someone comes along and puts fingerprints in it, and then I have to deal with it. Sigh.