Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kmart Super Doubles!

After reading around the blogosphere about Kmart having a Super Doubles coupon event this week, I started scrounging around for my $2.00 off coupons for various products-hoping to get some great deals.

Yesterday I managed to have two coupons for $2.00 off the Good Life cat food-the bags in my area are $5.29 each for 3.5 lbs, doubled to $4.00 off I got two bags for $1.29 each! ( FYI you can only use 5 coupons, do it once per day, and you need to have a Kmart rewards card to get the deals-it wasn't advertised in our flyer either, so the general public probably didn't know about it. I know my mom didn't until our shopping trip yesterday!)

Today, I headed back-armed with 4 $2.00 off Nivea mens and womens bodywash from the last two ALL YOU magazines. (there are some great coupons in there BTW, and lots of great info and articles as well, if you don't subscribe-you should!) The mens Energy bodywash was $4.99 so I only paid .99 each, and the womens was $5.29, and I only paid $1.29 each. My last item was a coupon for $2.00 off a La Cross item valued at $4.00 or more-I ended up choosing a $4.79 blemish remover, which cost only .79 after the doubled coupon :) Total amount spent for all 5 items: $7.59, total saved $10.00.

My mom used 5 coupons for $2.00 off cat food in a separate transaction, I ended up getting 3 12 lb. bags of Kit n Kaboodle and 2 3.5 lb bags of other brands for a little over $20.00! Let me tell ya, I was happy and my four felines were just purring with delight when I got home. Be sure to sign up for your Kmart Rewards card so you can save as well-the Super Double coupon event goes on through the 10th, so you can still get in on it. I would suggest calling your local store to be sure they are participating before starting out-not all stores participate! Good luck and happy shopping :)

No comments: