Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Pledge...

Boy, it's been a rough week! Yesterday, in addition to the snow coming down and horrible driving weather-four of us in the same office called in sick! (I am now paying the price, believe me!) My guess is that we all picked up something and shared it around the office, you know those lovely stomach viruses that make you sicker than a dog for 24-48 hours?

I came home from work for a quick lunch break (to make some toast, my tummy still isn't up to par) to a HORRIFIC smell. Seems one of my cats has now taken over-the bathroom floor looked terrible (he couldn't wait to get to the litterbox ew....) and he had also puked up the entire contents of his stomach too. This was so NOT the thing I wanted to spend lunch time doing, but cats are like kids-SOMEONE has to clean up after them. (and it's not hubby!)

I am still waiting for a call from the doctor about a lump I have on my leg. They had thought it was cellulitis, or even a bruise-but it hasn't gone away and it's been a few months now. I actually had emergency tests at the hospital last week to rule out DVT to make sure no blood clots lurking in any veins. Add this to my teeth troubles this year and 2011 has been a terrible year for me health wise. Hoping that it all gets better from here on, that no news is good news, and that the doctor will call me soon to let me know all is fine.

I do feel terrible, tired, overweight, and body aches and pains more than I should. I also want to be around a long, long time to enjoy watching my children and grandchildren grow up-so I guess now is the time to start thinking about eating healthier and losing weight. I don't think the journey will be an easy one at first, as I am a fast food junkie-whether it be eating out or eating at home, if it is convenient I want it! But those goodies are loaded with calories, sodium and lots of other things that are ok in moderation, or ok even to cheat once in awhile, but damaging to the body in so many other ways after years of eating that way.

So I am going to make a pledge to start eating healthier, for myself and my family. Hopefully, someone of these eating habits will also stick with them and we can enjoy a new way of healthy eating together. :) It most likely will be difficult, but I need to get this done! Wish me luck!

No comments: