Genesis over at Expatmom recently did a 57 Random Bits of Information About Me post that I found pretty interesting and fun to read. I'll be meeting her when I go to Guatemala this summer, and at least now I know more about her than I did before ;) So I decided I'd have fun and do a post on my blog as well, so that my readers could find out more about me. Have fun reading everyone!
1. I was an avid reader as a child-and now my favorite genre is Erotic Horror. (like the Hot Blood Series of books with short stories) Nothing like scary and a little spice added in for good measure!
2. I have been married 3 times. My first husband was American, we were young and I wanted to leave my house, lol. Second husband (and my son's dad) is Guatemalan. And my hubby #3 is also Guatemalan, and dad to my 8 yr old daughter.
3. I absolutely freak out over spiders-I am scared to death of them.
4. I love writing, and have always wanted to write a book. I've started one so many times (horror and sci-fi genres) but it always gets set aside due things happening in life :(
5. I'm a clutter magnet. I tend to put off housecleaning/dusting because I am allergic to dust, and only make things worse later on down the road when it becomes NECESSARY to do it---and I am usually a weepy, red eyed sneezing mess by the time I am through.
6. Growing up, I wasn't allowed to have friends in my house. I think it was because my grandmother was ashamed because we didn't have much.
7. I have gained ALOT of weight since I had my daughter, and am having a hard time losing it.
8. I've been married 12 yrs now and haven't met my hubby's parents and most of his family. But that will change in a few months when I go to Guatemala. I'm terrified to meet his son and daughter by his first marriage, though.
9. My favorite color is blue. In the 80's, I loved to wear turquoise and fuchsia colored clothing.
10. High school dances were boring to me-I was used to going to Canada on weekends and loved staying up until 3 am at the disco dancing and then going out to eat afterward with friends. I wouldn't get to sleep until around 6 am!
11. My favorite drinks are a frozen stawberry Margarita, Singapore Sling and Sex on the Beach. And also my homemade Vodka Slush.
12. That being said, I only drink once or twice a year now. Any more than that, and I get a migraine. Or sick. Or both.
13. I didn't go to my 25th High School reunion last year because I was ashamed of the way I looked. I was thinner in school, and would have had a hard time dealing with any negative comments.
14. I absolutely despise the winter cold and snowy weather. Years ago, I enjoyed it or at least didn't mind it. But now, I could very much do without it!
15. I was city spelling bee champion when I was younger and in middle school. My mother still has the article that made the front page, lol.
16. I love scary movies. My kids have been watching them for years now-I generally don't restrict what they watch on TV (bad mommy!) except for the sex scenes. We love zombie movies, especially the Day of the Dead classics by George Romero. I really don't care for the slasher type of movies.
17. I tend to dwell on conspiracy theories, disaster movies or prophecies, and stuff like that. It's tough living with a feeling of impending doom most of the time, and I want to prep more for those "What If" situations. I'd probably be happy as a clam in a bunker someplace with 10 years of food and necessities for family and friends. (think of shows like Jericho for example, THAT is what I expect our future to hold)
18. Languages come easily to me. I often hope to be able to learn more French or perhaps Portugese soon. I'm already fluent in Spanish.
19. I have a couple close friends, but I am very content spending time at home with my computer playing games, reading blogs or checking out Facebook and MySpace.
20. My favorite type of music is Latin music. I love bachata music. I used to work with a Dominican guy named Eugene (Eugenio) when I first moved to RI and he introduced me to the classic bachata artists since we were able to listen to music at work. He even showed me a few dance steps too ;)
21. If something happened to my mother, I would not have any other immediate family in the area. I probably would not stay here in Maine, too many memories.
22. While I love my son dearly, I am very disappointed with his poor choices in life. I have hope that one day he will change, but I am satisfied knowing I have done all I could.
23. I have the bad habit of biting my fingernails, and sometimes even the skin on my fingers. Totally gross, but hard habit to break.
24. I sleep on an 80's style king sized waterbed and love it!
25. I've got four cats, one is handicapped and has been since he was a baby.
26. I love chocolate, and Butterfinger and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups top the list.
27. I was a natural blonde as a kid, since then my hair has darkened to a lt brown.
28. I eat out fast food WAY more than I should, hence big weight gain.
29. While I love Chinese food, my favorite things to eat are tacos, nachos and tamales. Oh and Guatemalan chile rellenos, I love Guatemalan food but can't cook it.
30. While art never appealed much to me when I was younger, I am now wanting to decorate my walls with beautiful prints and photos.
31. I've only read the first Twilight book. I have plans to read the rest, when I get the time.
32. I absolutely cannot stand backstabbers. Unfortunately, I happen to know too many of them for my own good.
33. I have the same blue colored eyes as my dad had. My mom's eyes are brown.
34. I've worked as a waitress, data processor, headhunter (job agency), receptionist, translator and secretary or in the clerical field. Never attended college, except for a few classes here or there-we just were too poor :(
35. I graduated in the top 10% in my class with honors all 4 years, and probably SHOULD have gone to college!
36. I don't wear makeup that much anymore. If I do, I like a little blush, some black eyeliner and some lipstick or gloss. I always use facial cream though, just now it is anti-aging stuff!
37. I use credit cards way more than I should!
38. I really want to live a much simpler life, even if that means cutting back quite a bit from what I have now. I'm thinking "Less is More" in the long run.
39. I love going to craft fairs in my area, and shopping on Etsy.
40. Every year I get a couple terrible colds that develop into sinusitis. I'm currently suffering from cold #2 right now.
41. I'm not addicted, but enjoy watching Spanish novelas. (with hubby to boot!)
42. I don't smoke, although I did go through a stage in junior high when I thought having a cigarette dangling from my mouth made me cool :)
43. My front yard looks like a junkyard. We currently have 4 Toyota trucks hubby is fixing and sending to Guatemala to sell. I call it his Toyota project, lol.
44. We grow a garden each year and have for the past several. Last years garden was awful, as the tomatoes got blight and had to be disposed of.
45. I killed a brand new top loading washing machine on the second load by filling it too full. Not a fun experience and only something I could do, I'm sure!
46. I have a 3-4 inch scar on my right forearm after I had surgery back in 1999, and I still don't have proper range of motion with that arm after all these years.
47. I'm secretly jealous of crafty people, I so wish I could make the things they do! But nothing I ever make comes out right...
48. In the summer, I like to sit outdoors on the front porch and relax in the evening. No sound of crickets here though, just crazy neighbors.
49. I like to listen to the sound of the rain pounding on the roof, and go outside after a fresh rain and breathe in deeply. Everything smells so fresh and renewed.
50. I don't like gas stoves, cooking over the open flame really scares me.
51. I was a tomboy when I was younger, and most of my close friends were guys. My son's godfather is one that I've been friends with since childhood. In hubby's culture, it is hard for him to accept that you can be "just friends" with a guy and not have anything ever happen between you.
52. I used to collect comic books as a kid, and my mom still has my collection in her attic. (I used to love Archie!)
53. My friends used to have me write poetry for them during high school when we were all lovestruck teens :) I also used to write funny poetry about people that we knew, and sometimes it wasn't all that nice :( but they never saw it thankfully.
54. As I get older, I am finding out that I have a lot less patience.
55. I get burned badly from the sun because of my light complexion...imagine a cooked lobster-my face gets as bright as that or redder unless I put on sunscreen.
56. I'm addicted to my Saturday night SyFy movies-and get upset when I am not home to watch it.
57. Although I may get frustrated at times with my life, I'm at a point now in my life where I am actually happy for the first time in many years.
Phew! That was exhausting. I found it hard to come up with 57 Things About Me that people would want to know, lol. Give it a try on your blog, and be sure to let me know so I can come and read all about you!